Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday Motivation: Ways to Get Motivated

Today I discovered two things that motivate me. First, is catching up on a writing project and finishing it before the high noon deadline. Second, is a FEDEX driver delivering an expected package to my door. I was thrilled when I saw the dark brown delivery truck park in front of my apartment. The deliver person brought the mini food chopper I have been expecting since November 1, 2014.

All right, I know better then to order something for myself that close to the holidays because it will take longer then expected. The food chopper came so now I can go to the grocery store and purchase some fresh vegetables instead of fresh frozen vegetables. I used the fresh frozen because I had to cut them up, which meant I never got them sliced the same size twice. The food chopper will allow me to chop the vegetables for soup or omelets evenly and this will help when cooking them.

The writing project I finished was the January 28 issue of the writing.com fantasy newsletter. I finished it last night between 9:00 and 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time. My problem with the newsletter was a theme. Sometimes I have no difficulties thinking of a subject, but for some reason I could not come up with a subject until last night. The newsletter was not the only writing project I had difficulty with this past week. I also had problems when it came to a Naani poem.

The Naani form is one of India's Telugu poems. Naani, which is composed of four lines containing between 20 to 25 syllables, means "an expression of one and all". It was due last night at 9:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (Midnight EST), I thought about it all week, but could not come up with anything. Finally yesterday, after making a blog entry in my writing.com blog about the Doomsday Clock, I came up with the title (Three Minutes to Midnight) and the rest of the poem was easy.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9