Saturday, February 14, 2015

Success Saturday: Valentine's Day and Leftover Christmas Candy

I'm alone on Valentine's Day. I have no one to share the day dedicated to lovers. No one sent me roses. No one sent me a heart shaped box of chocolates. I made breakfast for myself this morning just as I do every morning of the year. I do have candy in the house. I have leftover Christmas candy to celebrate the day of love.

I have gourmet candy corn that taste like peppermint to eat with my coffee. I like the candy corn. I like the coffee. Once in a while I would like to be able to share the candy corn and the coffee with someone. I don't want to share my apartment with someone, I just want to share a carafe of coffee and some candy. I would like to be able to cook for someone else beside myself once in a while. I would like to have someone take me out to eat on Valentine's Day or to a movie. I would like someone to send me a heart shaped box of chocolates (never mind that chocolate isn't on the diet the doctor gave me) and a dozen red roses.

Thanks to the peppermint candy corn and strong coffee, I will be over this mood shortly. Once the mood has passed I will be able to get back to writing and doing housework. This morning, I got on a step stool and put the clean bath towels in the cabinet in the bathroom. I also put the clean sheets and pillow cases in that cabinet. This week I wrote two short stories and a poem, so I have had some small successes this week. I'm looking forward to getting back to my normal routine after Valentine's Day is past.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9