Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sundry Sunday: Lazy Day

Today, Sunday, August 10, is Lazy Day. Today this old say is a lie: "There's no lazy days...just lazy people." Today we can be lazy without any guilt because we are celebrating Lazy Day. No one know when this holiday was first celebrated or who created it; however, that does not matter because for one day a year we can be lazy without feeling guilty.

Lazy clouds float past
wander haphazardly across the sky
no breeze blowing.

Is that a rooster I hear crowing
ignoring the spirit of the day,
his duty done
he is free to bask
in the morning sun.

How does a writer celebrate lazy day? I cannot stop writing because I cannot stop thinking. I have to write down my thoughts, therefore, I like the rooster will ignore the spirit of  the day and write my laziness away. For those who wish to celebrate the day, I suggest sitting beside the Hydrangea Bushes while watching the clouds roll by. If you want to do something a little more energetic then I suggest finding a restaurant that serves Tex-Mex Tomato Zucchini Salad or try to get someone to make it for you Tex-Mex Tomato Zucchini Salad Recipe.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9