Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sundry Sunday: Weird Sights in Las Vegas

I have lived in Las Vegas for over fifty years, so you would think that by now I would be used the the weird sights one encounters in this city. I am not! Today when I was driving to Smith's Food and Drug Store, on the corner of Maryland Parkway and Sahara Avenue, to pick up my glaucoma eye drop prescription I saw an unusual shaped something-or-other flying in circles over the Las Vegas Strip.

The Unidentified Flying Object was shaped like a large area rug or carpet. Yes, it looked like a Flying Carpet. I know there must be a logical or illogical explanation for the the UFO or perhaps I should call it UFC for Unidentified Flying Carpet. At first I thought it was a large piece of trash carried by the wind in the upper atmosphere. The problem with that explanation it the circle the thing make over the Strip, I do not know of any wind short of a tornado that would cause it to fly in circles. We do not have tornadoes here!

The Flying Carpet could have been a sign being towed by a helicopter, bu I did not hear or see a helicopter. That does not mean one did not exist because it is cloudy today. The carpet showed up against the clouds, but I do not think a helicopter would stand out against the type of clouds we have today. Whatever the UFO was, I am sure I can use this experience in a story or poem.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9