Saturday, July 26, 2014

Brainstorming Saturday: What shall I write?

I have two items to write. The first, a short story of 1,000 words or less, is the climax of a group of twelve other short stories or the beginning of a novel. I have the prompt words: star, sun, moon, planet, air, earth, water, fire, zenith, phase, cardinal, fixed, mutable, degree, nadir, symbol, rule, retrograde, cusp, and zodiac. I need to finish this sometime today or tomorrow because the deadline is July 28, which is Monday.

The second. is a poem of 40 lines or less. The deadline is August 16 and the prompt words are heart, spiteful, deceive, pierce, twisted, revenge, plunge, and evil. The working title I have planned is The Spiteful Heart, which I think is going to be a bitter love poem. I could be wrong about that because the poem may change by the time I finish it.

I just got an idea for the working title of the short story. I will call it Judgment in Capricorn because it  will solve a problem raised in one of the earlier stories. I still have a couple more problems top take care of in that series of short stories, but the issue that arose in the town of Capricorn is the most important. Of course, when I get into the story the characters may have different ideas. I will begin the story later tonight after I have swept the bathroom floor.



Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9