Thursday, August 07, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: What did I learn today?

What did I learn today that I could use in writing a story? I learned that there are five methods of purifying water and that there are two parts to building a campfire. I learned this because I was researching a blog post of a prompt contest I am participating in on writing.com. The contest concerns three weeks in a survival camp or at least writing about it.

After reading the methods for water purification, I decided to go with the Solar Still for purifying water. It sounded good, but I suspect if I were going to use it in real life my offline life it would be a little more complicated then the instructions said. I always expect everything to be more complicated then the instructions imply. Writing about the Solar Still was not difficult, but if I use it in a story I will have to add some difficulty to make it seem a bit more real.

The instructions for building a campfire were a bit complicated because there was so much to do. I admit being a novice in the wilderness, so I am not sure about using things like this in my stories. I have to attempt it though even if I use it only in a writing exercise.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9