Monday, August 04, 2014

Muse Monday: Today my Muse is a Pigeon

Every morning or rainy afternoon, a pigeon, with variegated gray feathers, strolls past my open front door. He or perhaps she walks down the sidewalk rather then flying. Today I began to wonder it the bird can fly or if it just walks everywhere it goes. I presume it can fly, but I never see it take off or land.

Most pigeons can fly
they flap their wings and take off
into the blue sky.

Why does this bird walk past my front door? Does it walk past when my door is shut? These are questions that have no answer. Questions that are not intended to have answers. Some questions are simply for meditation, such as "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" or "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a noise?"

Unanswerable
crowd my mind today
maybe its the rain.

Today my muse is a pigeon raising unanswerable questions. Now that the questions are ask, do I stop typing and meditate on them? Perhaps I should get up from the keyboard and pour myself another cup of coffee while I am deciding what to do and how to answer those questions.

Do most questions fly?
Do they just rest in one's mind
waiting for answers?

Pigeons are questions! That is an interesting metaphor, I wonder if it is a poem waiting for me to write it. Perhaps I should use it in a short story or a flash fiction. What kind of character would say "Pigeons are questions waiting for answers!"

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9