Monday, August 11, 2014

Motivation Monday: Two of My Favorite Robin Williams Quotes

No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
Robin Williams

Today, August 11, 2014, these are my two favorite motivational quotes by Robin Williams. That may change as I figure out how to cope with his death. The first quote, the one above, is my favorite because it refers to an author's tools. Words and ideas are the tools of a writer and can be used for either good or evil, peace or war, laughter or tears. 

The world is weeping
death has silenced his laughter
and the voice we knew.

I remember laughing as I watch televisions shows and movies featuring Robin Williams. The shock is still with me and I cannot decide which movie I liked best. My favorite television show was Mork and Mindy, up to that point I had never laughed so much in my life as I did when I watched that show. I will miss Robin Williams. I will miss the joy he brought into the world. I will miss the wisdom he brought into the world.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Robin Williams

A writer has to have a spark of madness to write. Sometimes the difficulties one faces causes use to doubt that spark that keeps us going as we move forward in the face of the ice packed snowballs life throws at us. Sometimes we become depressed and want to give up entirely, at these moments we might lose the spark of madness that keeps us going, centered, and writing. We cannot afford to lose it because once we do then we give up entirely. If we lose that spark then we stop hearing the life's joyful songs, we stop hearing the joyous laughter that surrounds us, and we become depressed.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9