Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday Matters: Wake Up and Write

It is Monday morning in Las Vegas. I am attempting to wake up and write, which is difficult since I did not get to my love seat (I do not sleep on a bed) until 1:30 or 2:00 am. I woke up about 6:00 am and managed to say my morning prayer and take my first medication without difficulty. I turned on the computer, checked the local temperature on-line, and then opened the door to look outside.

I opened the door
inhaled the cool morning air,
I can't say the fresh air
because I live in a city and,
as everyone knows
city air is not fit
for human consumption

All right, now that I have written my depressing poem for the day and finished my first cup of cafe mocha made with "rich chocolate" Ovaltine©, I am ready to begin writing and reviewing. I will make myself another cup of cafe mocha, warm up the chicken I cooked yesterday, and fix myself a celery salad for breakfast or brunch whichever I decided is a better term for my first Monday meal.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9