Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: An Afternoon Nap or a Real Bed

I'm tired and I cannot seem to focus long enough to write a story or a poem. I can managed blog entries, but anything else seems to elude me. I ether have to begin taking afternoon naps or get a real bed to sleep in. Right now, I am sleeping on a love-seat, which is not conducive to a good night's sleep or even a short rest.

I stopped sleeping in a bed when I became my mother's caregiver in 2007. I started sleeping on the couch and then I moved to the love-seat. I tried sleeping in a bed in December of 2012, after my mother's death, but I could not sleep because of the waking up in pain. Since sleeping on a couch caused less pain then the bed, I moved to the couch.

When I moved to this studio apartment, I moved the love-seat instead of the couch because the of the size. I have not been sleeping well lately and it is effecting my focus and my writing. I do not have writer's block because I can still make blog entries; however, that is all I have made this week. I wrote a poem last week, but this week I am having problems focusing.

I suppose the problem could be something else, like writer's constipation. If that is the case, then sleep is not going to make much difference. I think I will try something new tonight perhaps reading or saying some different prayers. I usually say the same prayers every evening without considering finding prayers that I have not said in a long time. My prayer book has numerous prayers that I have not look at in a while. I will try that tonight and see if my focus improves.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9