Monday, June 09, 2014

Monday Matters: Thinking about Time-Out Tuesday

It is Monday, June 9, and I am thinking about Tuesday, June 10. I will not be online tomorrow because I am scheduled to work the primary election. I am a bit nervous because this is the first time in several years I have been able to work the polls on elect ion day. I know I should not be nervous because I have placed everything in God's hands.

I will take time-out
on  time-out Tuesday
to work the primary election

I get nervous when I let my mind wander and imagine all sorts of things that could go wrong. I just need to take a deep breath and say a prayer for protection against vain imaginings. As long as my mind is occupied I can focus on what I have to do to get ready to leave the house in the morning. The only thing I have to do this afternoon is pack the stuff I am taking with me, fix my salad, and my peanut butter sandwiches. I have the clothes laid out that I plan to wear tomorrow.

Writing this blog entry has helped. Of course, writing and prayer always relieves my mind and prevents me from worrying. These things always keep my mind occupied and help relieve the case of nerves I get every time I work the polls. I have to keep my mind occupied to stay positive.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9