Saturday, February 08, 2014

Looking through the Writing Windowpane

"Good writing is like a windowpane." 
 George Orwell

On this weary day
I can't yawn my time away,
as I look out  my window glass
and watch the white clouds rushing past.

Because of my recent move there are many new subjects for my writing, so I will start with the description of my neighborhood. As I look out my front window (all right, the only window in this apartment faces north onto Sunrise Avenue), I see the apartment building across the street.

It has two stories and is painted brown and tan. In front of the building is a palm tree and a flag pole, with the Stars and Strips moving in a slight breeze. There are black postal boxes located in front of the courtyard, which is surrounded by a wall and locked gates. The window of the apartment, which appear to have three bedrooms, look out onto the street.

As I look at those apartments, I remember living in a two-story apartment building. At that the time we lived upstairs in apartment number 13, which cut down on the trick-and-treaters on Halloween. I remember climbing the stairs of that apartment carrying bags of groceries, which is something I could not do  today. I am lucky to get up the two steps to my studio with only my purse and keys. The thought of climbing a flight of stairs wears me out.


Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9