Friday, January 31, 2014

Writing and Reviewing on an Empty Stomach

This last Friday in January 2014 started out good. I got up and turned off the alarm after 25 minutes without going back to the love seat (I'm not sleeping on the couch anymore). I took my thyroid medication, started the virus scan on the other computer, took out some trash, made coffee, and put in a load of laundry. I then sit down at the computer to checks some websites for income opportunities. After that, I logged into writing.com, made a couple of blog entries, and reviewed one piece.

I attempted to review several piece, but found that I couldn't concentrate. Since I'd finished the coffee in the carafe, I decided that the problem was hunger. I opened a can of condensed soup (when I went to the store yesterday, I found soup soup I could eat on my low potassium diet). I opened the condensed soup, added water, and put it in the microwave. When it was hot, I poured some in a cup, and returned to the computer to review and write.

While I was in the kitchen my router decided it needed nap, so I had to manually reboot it. I then turned the computer back on and found that my trackball mouse had decided to take nap, as well. I turned the computer off, made sure the connections were tight, and then turned it back on. At this moment, my router, modem, mouse (or perhaps I should say mice), and keyboards are working properly.

After I finish this entry, I will get myself another cup of soup, and then return to writing.com to finish reviewing. I'm not sure what's going to happen the rest of the day because I'm waiting for a call from a leasing agent to sign a lease for a studio apartment. After the adventure of this morning, I'm looking forward to moving. I'd like to see if a new apartment has any effect on my router's naps, which normally happen only about once or twice a month.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9