Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Midweek Reflections: Can a person get too tired to write?

I'm tired, weary, and worn out, but am I too tired to write? Can I get too  tired to write? I'm not sure. I know I can get  too tired  to  think; however, sometimes I don't need to think  to write. If I'm doing a free write, I don't have to think I just have to write.

A free write is used to come up with ideas or to discover my mind's, or rather my subconscious, hidden fears. To do this I don't need to think and usually I don't want to think because thinking interferes with the flow of this type of writing.

A free write is usually a first draft, so I don't have to worry about grammar or spelling (all though I like to spell the words as accurately as possible). I have to admit that  sometimes my spelling and grammar can be atrocious or creative depending on your point of view. The problem with creative spelling is that when I'm rereading the item, I wonder what word I intended.

This afternoon, I'm tired and my back hurts. I haven't accomplished as much around  the house or on my writing project as I'd like. I do have a trash bag of stuff to carry to the garage after the garbage trucked have picked up the trash. I also finished packing the cups,  cutlery, and dishes I want to take with me, but I have to finish the living room. I also need to check some of the stuff in  the dining room so that I don't forget anything when I'm ready to move.

Right now, I'd like to go to sleep and I don't have time to do that. If I sit or lay down on  the couch for a nap then I'll sleep too long and won't get anything else accomplished today. I can't lay down, so I think I'll go take a shower and that might wake me up. Since the house is chilly, and I don't intend to turn the heat up, I should wake up fairly quickly.


Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9