Wednesday, August 01, 2012

A good beginning to August 2012


Raindrops on concrete
The lights go out in the house
I sit in the dark

Despite the fact that the lights went out for a bit this morning, August started out nice. It rained and left puddles in my driveway, but the sun is out. The sun is peeping through scattered clouds and drying up the water.

I sit in the dark
Without cell phone or flashlight
The lights come back on

After the electricity came back on this morning, I found both of my flashlights and they work. I panicked when I realized I did not know where the flashlights were and my cell phone was on the charger. The flashlights were easy to find once the lights came on and I calmed down. One flashlight was in the breakfast room and the other in the living room.

The cold morning rain
And scattered afternoon clouds
August has begun

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9