Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Driving in the rain in Las Vegas


wiper blades squeaking
raindrops striking my windshield
driving across town

When I left the house this morning the sky was cloudy, but there was no rain; at least on my side of town. I stopped at the ATM to withdraw some cash to pay a bill and then headed for the west side of Las Vegas. I drove west on Sahara, hoping I would get all the way to Durango without encountering rain.

About half way to my destination, it started to rain. I turned on my windshield wipers and realized I need to buy new wipers. I have not invested in windshield wipers for a couple of years. Fortunately, it did not rain hard or fast. My wipers worked OK under the circumstances; however, I need to buy new ones this Friday. Of course, by then the rain will have gone away and I will not use the windshield wipers for a couple of weeks or months. I am going to buy new wipers anyway.

I was lucky today. In some parts of Las Vegas, it rained harder and it flooded. In fact, we are still under a flash flood watch. Since I am not going any place tonight I can stay home and not worry about Las Vegas streets flooding. I am not planning on going out again until Thursday or Friday and then I will get new wiper blades and perhaps stop and pick up a pizza.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9