Monday, July 23, 2012

A Cloudy Day in Las Vegas


The clouds are gathering. Dark charcoal gray rain clouds cover the sky and conceal the sun. In the distance, thunder grumbles promising rain. It is cooler this afternoon then this morning when I went out to pick up the Las Vegas Review Journal. Somewhere in Las Vegas, it will rain today.

I would like to see rain in my neighborhood. The only time the oleanders and trees in my yard receive water is when it rains. I enjoy sitting in the living room and watching the rain. My car is in the garage so I do not have to worry about the car windows being opened or closed when it rains.

I rolled the windows in my car up when I drove it into the garage on Saturday. I always remember to roll my windows up when I park my car in the garage. My problem is rolling them up when I leave the car parked in the driveway. I do not know why I am so careful about rolling the car windows up when the car is in the garage and not the driveway.

charcoal gray rainclouds
cools down the triple digits
a nice summer day

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9