Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Technological Issues: 10 hours to run a virus scan


It took over ten hours for the virus scan to check my computer system today. The scan began at 4:45 AM and ended sometime after 3:00 PM. I would say that I am irritated, but I think that is an understatement. As a result, I am behind on today’s writing and word count goal. I am behind on several projects because of the time it to the program to inform me that it found no threats and no warnings.

There is, of course, a bright side to this. It is true that technical issue has an unseen benefit; you sometimes have to look for that lining. The unseen benefit here is that I got the fabric soften dispenser in my washing machine cleaned out. It looks nice without the fabric softer gunk in it. I still have the washing machine tub to do a bit more cleaning; however, since the virus scan seems to take longer everyday, I might get the washing machine tub finished tomorrow.

All right, my sense of humor is a bit weird tonight. That is because it took ten hours for the virus scan to check my computer system. I am not a happy writer right now. I am not happy with my computer system (I think I need to upgrade it). I am not happy with the virus detection program I have; therefore, I have to do some research by contacting my internet service provider to see it they have a firewall and virus detection program. Then figure out how much it will add to the cost and if I have enough room on my system to download it.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9