Friday, April 01, 2011

What is a good genre for an April Fools Day story?

Today is April 1, April Fools’ Day, and I have been wondering what genre is good for an April Fools’ Day story. Comedy is the first genre that comes to mind, but it is not the only one to use. Science Fiction, fantasy, and romance would make good genres as well.

I thank romance would make a good genre for an April Fools’ Day story, but then I write bitter love poems; so that may explain the reason I would pick romance for this type of story. In fact, I did write an April Fools’ Story that was also a romance. The story is still on my hard drive; I will have to find it and post it in my writing.com port.

I have two April Fools Day stories to write today. One is a flash fiction, with a deadline of midnight Eastern Time. The other is a short story (1,000 words or less) and its deadline is April 2 at noon Eastern Time. Each of the stories has a prompt because they are entries in two contests on writing.com. I think one of the stories will be a romance, but the other will be either fantasy or science fiction.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9