Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This week’s Poetic Exploration Challenge

This is week 12 of the Poetic Exploration Challenge on writing.com. The challenged is to write a shaped poem. This is a poem that takes the shape of the subject or object it describes. Writing a shaped poem is a challenge because it takes a little more planning then an ordinary non-shaped poem. When you write a shaped poem, you have to know the shape of the subject.

I wrote a shaped poem several years ago. I found the exercise challenging and rewarding. It was difficult and challenging because I had to visualize the shape before I put the poem on paper. It was rewarding because once I accomplished it I felt great. I felt relaxed even though I felt stressed during the process. I enjoyed writing a shape poem. I will enjoy writing a shaped poem. Now all I have to do is figure out a subject.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9