Friday, March 25, 2011

My Mother Used to Write Poetry

I found two of my mother’s poems. I do not know when she wrote them because Mom never dated creative efforts, but I think she wrote them before 2007. Since Mothers' Day is Sunday, May 8, 2011, I think I will compile the poems I have and print them for Mom.

Mom did not write very many poems. I think perhaps a dozen or so. I have some of them on my computer’s hard drive. I also found a few she wrote in long hand, so I will type them into a manuscript and send them to my brothers and sister. I will also print some for Mom, she will be happy that I found them.

Mom does not write poems any more. Short-term memory lose is one of the effects of Alzheimer’s disease. There are other effects, but the short-term memory lose prevents her from writing poetry. I miss Mom writing poetry because it kept her mind active. Mom enjoyed writing poetry, she remembers she wrote poems, but she does not realize that the Alzheimer’s disease is the reason she does not write any more.

My mother used to write poetry. Mom remembers she wrote poetry, but she does not know why she stopped.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9