Monday, March 21, 2011

Writing about the wind and the cold

The wind is blowing in Las Vegas. I went out to get the paper this morning and it was cold. I felt cold because of the wind chill factor. It is spring and wind gives the air a feeling of early fall. It is chilly, which means I feel cold. It is not cold, of course, but I feel cold.

I am tired of feeling chilly; I am tired of feeling cold. When the weather gets into the triple digits, I am not going to complain because this winter has been very difficult because of the chilly and cold weather. I think the way I feel has more to do with my body’s internal thermostat then anything else.

The older I get, the more the cold and chilly weather effects me. I am 64 years old, I live in Las Vegas, and the wind chill factor is getting to me. I notice the temperature more today then I did when I was a child. I know there is a story or poem in this experience because there is a story, poem, or article in every experience a writer encounters. I simply have to find an approach to the subject.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9