Sunday, April 03, 2011

The types of writing I have accomplished in 2011

Since January 1, 2011, I have accomplished several different types of writing. I have composed blog entries, written poetry, flash fiction, short stories, an article, and four newsletters. I have posted some of the items in my port on writing.com.

I have not written a personal essay this year. I think that is the next type I want to attempt. I have not attempted several other types of writing. I would like to attempt travel writing this year; however, the only place I have traveled to is Meadows Mall in Las Vegas, Nevada. I have not left Las Vegas in several years, which does not preclude travel writing. It does limit the subjects I can cover.

In the past few years, I have traveled to Search Light, Nevada, to visit my sister. I have also gone to Henderson because my mother’s doctor is there. I have not left Nevada in several years. I want a vacation, but that does not look feasible. In absence of a vacation, I will investigate travel articles and write something about a staycation.

I do not have to go to the Las Vegas Strip to take a staycation. Las Vegas has other attractions besides the Strip. I will take a staycation and write an article about that. It will give me practice in writing travel articles.

Visit My Portfolio @ Writing.Com

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9