Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Writing the Adventure of Life

Life is an adventure. Life is a daily struggle to find happiness. Life is interesting. Life is a spiritual adventure for the spirit. Composing blog entries is writing the adventure of life.

My mother suffers from Alzheimer's Disease and has short-term memory lose. Everyday is a new frustration or discovery for me. I am my mother's caregiver. I am considering writing a series of essays on this subject.

I think the first essay in this series will cover Mom and the cats. Mom worries that the cats are hunger, so she feeds them. Mom feeds the cats dry cereal and I feed them dry cat food. This morning when I checked their feeding bowls I found dry cereal on top of their regular cat food. My cats will not eat cereal, so I had to throw away the food in the dishes.

I put more cat food in their dishes this morning. However, I have to do something about Mom feeding them the cereal. Before I go to work today, I will either take the food dishes up or hide them from Mom. Since Mom gets angry when she thinks someone is criticizing her, I cannot talk to her about the food the cats eat. Taking the food up during the day is probably the best idea.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9