Friday, December 26, 2008

Setting Writing goals for 2009

As 2008 draws to an end I am reviewing my writing goals. I decided I set my word count goals for my blog entries too high. Therefore, I cut the word count down to about 200 words. I can write a 200-word entry with very few problems.

A word count goal should push a writer to go beyond his or her limits. However, lately the only thing it did was stress me out. The problem with stress is it causes blog block, which doesn't help the writing process because blog block leads to a full blown attack of writers' block. I know this from experience.

I set my blog entry word count to 227 words. I think this is a good compromise between what I know I can do and what I want to do. I still have problems coming up with subjects, themes and intriguing titles. I can come up with titles, but most of the ones I think of don't sound intriguing. All though, perhaps an intriguing title isn't as important as the content of an entry.

At this point, the ideas is not to becoming overly stressed and just relax with the writing. A little stress is all right and contributes to the writing process, but too much stress is devastating. There must be a comfortable medium between too much relaxation and too much stress especially when it comes to composing a blog entry. I am just going to have to fine the proper combination.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9