Saturday, December 13, 2008

Writing at the end of an Interesting Week

It's been an interest week. On Tuesday, the dentist extracted my upper teeth and put in dentures. My gums are still healing and since there are stitches in my gums, I have to be careful about using anything to hold my plate down. This makes eating anything a challenge.

Since I don't celebrate Christmas you'd think that I wouldn't have problem with Christmas cookies and candy. Normally, someone gives me one or two small boxes of candy at Christmas. The candy is usually chocolate with or without nuts. This year I received more candy then usual, part of it is peanut brittle and chocolate covered pretzels.

The problems I encounter isn't with the chocolate candy or the chocolate covered pretzels. Those are easy to handle with a cup of hot coffee. The chocolate melts in my mouth when I drink the coffee and I can dunk the pretzels in he coffee, so eating them isn't a problem. The problem comes with the peanut brittle. I think I'm going to have to skip the peanut brittle this year and let Mom eat it. She has dentures, but she doesn't have the problem with her gums healing.

I have another appointment Friday afternoon with the dentist to see how my gums are healing. I'll know more then about what I can and can't eat. I'm not babying myself, I will attempt to eat anything I think I can handle, but it's becoming interesting to see what foods I can and can't handle at this time.

Peanut brittle is one of my favorite candies. Perhaps I'll just have to wait until after New Year's Day to eat it. Oh well, life is full of interesting events and difficult tests. This will pass, my gums will heal and I'll be able to eat peanut brittle again.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9