Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I renewed my driver's license online

I renewed my driver's license online yesterday. I printed out the confirmation and then looked at the expiration date. My license expires on December 24, 2012, which is about three days after winter solstice.

I had to laugh. I laughed because December 21, 2012 is when the Mayan calendar ends and when a few people think the world will end. Personally, I think the ending date refers to the end of a cycle rather then the end of the world. All right, I am having fun with this date. I am using it when it comes to writing both stories and poems.

If you are not going to have fun with the calendar what good is it. Each day passes so quickly that it seems like only yesterday I got the teeth pulled in my upper jaw and dentures put in. Actually, it was last week this event occurred. Friday, December 19, I have another appointment with the dentist to see how my gums are healing.

Next week, December 24, I will be 62 years old. I am not going out on the 24th to celebrate my birthday. I will wait until after Christmas and then either have prime rib or go to a Mexican restaurant. I will decide next week which one, but time is passing quickly and 2012 will be here in the blink of an eye. Then we will find out definitely what will occur on December 21, 2012.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9