Monday, December 08, 2008

Winter Writing

I'm writing winter
in every poem of snow I pen.

Today the clouds covered the sky and hid the sun. It felt cold. I felt cold. I even put an a turtleneck sweat at work today. This type of weather in December brings back memories of Oklahoma and snow.

When I think of snow, I always think of Oklahoma. I remember snow from my childhood. I don't remember the first time I saw snow, but I know it must have been on a December day in Oklahoma. I always associate snow with December.

I know it didn't snow the day I was born. I was born about 11 minutes before midnight on a snowless December 24. I'm thankful I wasn't born 11 minutes later because I would have been a Christmas baby instead of a Christmas Eve baby.

Christmas Eve baby
waiting for the snow to fall
sees the twinkling stars.

I still have some time before my birthday to figure out what form of poem I'm celebrating it with this year. Maybe I'll write a poem about prime rib instead, I'd like a prime rib dinner for my birthday. I'd also like a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate ice cream. All thought, I would probably settle for a chocolate ice cream cake.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9