Sunday, December 14, 2008

Walking in the Wind

The wind is the hand of a giant pushing me back along the sidewalk, the hand of the wind giant attempts to push me back into traffic on Eastern Ave. My legs cannot move forward for two or three seconds because the wind holds them, attempt to push me backwards.

A plastic trashcan blows across Oakey Blvd. In the wind giant's hand, it is a football being tossed to teammates in the autumn gusts. Even cars driving along Oakey or Eastern have difficulty remaining in their lanes because of the wind. It blows sand from vacent lots across four lanes of traffic.

On two lane streets, it blows yellow, orange and green leaves into piles along the curbs. Leaves hide the tires of parked cars. One green leaf, newly blown from a tree, catches on my shoestring. However, I cannot bind down to remove it because the wind would blow me backwards and I'm not sure I could get up off the ground without help. I leave the leaf where it is caught and push my way towards home. Finally, I reach my front door and get in out of the wind.

That is a description of walking in the wind. Yesterday I went to the bank, when I left the house there was very little wind. After going to the bank, I went to Food 4 Less and bought some groceries. When I left the grocery store to go home, the wind speed picked up and the wind chill factor increased.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9