Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Researching my Birthday Poem

Despite the fact that the Internet is slow as a snail crossing a four-lane highway while attempting to avoid a convoy of semitrailer trucks, I am going to research events that occurred on December 24, 1946. Something else must have happened on that day, besides my birth in Blackwell, Oklahoma.

I realized today that I don't know a lot about the events which occurred 62 years ago. A person should know the events that occurred on the day of his or her nativity. The working title for my birthday poem is "On the Day of My Nativity".

The only thing I'm sure that happened on that day was my appearance in the world. I was born about eleven minutes before midnight. That may explain why I like winter constellations. My mother said that it was a snowless Christmas Eve.

It didn't snow
on the day of my nativity
sixty-two years ago.

That's a start, but I have no idea where I'm going from there. I'll do a little research and see what I come up with for this poem. I don't even know what form the poem is taking yet.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9