Sunday, October 12, 2008

Creative cooking in Autumn

Autumn is here and my muse is turning to food. It finally got chilly in Las Vegas, all right maybe most people wouldn't call 70 degrees chilly. I would, of course it's going to get down right cold. This winter the temperatures will be in the 40s and 50s. I'm going to be eating a lot of soup because that warms me up and keeps me warm.

My muse is becoming extremely creative when it comes to making soup. Not soup made for scratch, but soup from a can. Yes, you can get creative using canned soup and veggies to make meals. Today I opened a can of chicken rice soup, chicken noodle soup, tomato soup, potato soup and spinach. Not spinach soup just a regular can of cut spinach. I put them all together in the slow cooker and let them heat. When they were hot we ate.

It's going to be a cold winter so we're going to be using a lot of canned soup and veggies for meals. I think tomorrow I will heat the leftover soup with some of the other leftovers we have in the fridge. Together they should make and good meal.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9