Thursday, October 09, 2008

Writing in the early morning in Las Vegas

It's early Thursday morning in Las Vegas. I'm essentially without a car, so I'm going to have to walk to work today. . Fortunately, I don't have that far to walk, I don't think. Actually I don't know how many blocks it is, but it doesn't seem that far. Of course walking it may give me a completely different perspective. I don't think I have any other choice.

The car ran out of power yesterday and it still had gas in the tank. There isn't enough juice in the battery to start the car. I probably need an alternator or a fuel pump, all though I don't see how it could be the fuel pump. Anyway, if I don't post before I get ready for work today, I may not get anything posted at all.

This is my own fault because I don't have a back load of money so that I can take a taxi. I have an appointment next week to attempt to get certified for Paratransit. I may very well be eligible. I'm 61 going on 62 with a knee that gives me fits when I walk great distances. The walk this morning is going to be a test of some type. However, since I can't afford to take off I don't think I have any other choice.

I do have a reward waiting for me when I get home this afternoon. A cup or two of premium blend coffee. The last time I went to the store, they sold out the type I usually buy so I had to get the premium blend, which cost a little more. It was worth the price. The premium blend is so strong and smooth that I'm planning on writing a poem or two about it. I have one title all ready Meditation on a Cup of Coffee.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9