Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Write, Write and Write

Keep writing. Keep the pen moving. Keep pressing those keys. Don't stop writing because then you will forget what you were going to say. Don't go back and correct your mistakes. If it's a misspelled word or a typo then the spell checker will catch it. If it's a grammar problem then catch on the rewrite, but don't stop writing until you've reached your daily word count goal.

How does that sound? I'm composing advice for myself. November is novel writing month and I'm determined to complete it this year. I didn't complete it last year. I still have the beginning of the novel, it's just not finished. I'm going to start a new novel this year, but I'm not sure of the name. I'll think of a good working title by the first of November. I'll probably chose one of the two I have.

The daily goal is 1,167 words per day on the novel. If I do hat many words a day then I will get 50,000 words by the end of November. I wonder how long it takes to write 1,167 words. Does it take 10, 15, 20 minutes or longer? I'm going to have to find out before November so that I can set that amount of time aside each day.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9