Friday, October 10, 2008

The Holiday Writing Season

The holiday season has arrived. People are deciding what they want for Christmas (if they celebrate Christmas as a gift-giving holiday). People are deciding where they are going for Thanksgiving (if they don't already know). People are deciding what treats to give out for Halloween (if they give out treats that night).

Halloween falls on Friday this year, so those children who do go "Tricker Treating" will have the entire weekend to enjoy their treats without worrying about going to school until Monday. That should make the teachers happy who now won't have to deal with children on "sugar highs".

Time falls back on November 2 and I suppose I'll get used to the changes in Daylight Savings Time. It will take a while, but I will get used to it and won't have to look at the calendar to see when the time either falls back or leaps forward. Both of those seem like a good start of a story or poem.

Holiday season for me is somewhat depressing, but since I can write through my depression I have a number of good starts for stories or poems. My birthday is December 24, so I have Christmas Issues and that sounds like a good working title for a story. I enjoy Thanksgiving much more then I enjoy Christmas or my birthday. Halloween is just a night when I have to turn off the porch light so "Treaker Treaters" don't knock at my door. All in all, this holiday season should produce some interesting stories and poems.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9