Saturday, October 04, 2008

Brainstorming a character for a novel

Lately I've felt like an outsider, I'm not sure why I should feel this way at this time of year or this time of life. However, I'm going to use those feelings as a basis for a character. I'll also explore them in my offline journal Writing my Spiritual Journey, but right now I need a character and a theme for my NaNoWriMo novel.

The character is female, most of my main characters are female. That's because I feel more comfortable writing about female characters. All though writing about male characters would be a good way to stretch my talent. Perhaps I'll put in male main character as well and make him the focus of some of the chapters.

Since the main character either is or feels like an outsider, I'll have to have reasons why she feels that way and put them in the novel. Perhaps put the roots of these feelings be incidents that occurred in her childhood. If I do that, then I'm either going to have to use flashbacks or put events in that remind her of incidents from her childhood.

I'm planning on writing a fantasy novel this November, instead of a science fiction. I haven't written a fantasy novel for NaNoWriMo. All right, I have my main character and a theme, the main character feels like or is perceived as an outsider in her society and the next step s to name the character and outline the novel.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9