Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Patience is a Virtue

‘Idál (Justice), 2 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Wednesday, June 25, 2008 about 5:45 PM PDT

Patience is a virtue and extremely necessary when you are a writer with a dial-up connection. My connection has been a bit touchy lately. I am not sure why, but it is frustrating when I am working online and am suddenly disconnected. All right, perhaps part of it is my own fault because I use tab browsing and the dial-up connection does not seem to like that.

Another thing that is frustrating is when I am reviewing on writing.com and suddenly get disconnected in the middle of a review. Fortunately, I can store the review (if I think about it) and go back to it after reconnecting. My problem is, I never think about storing the review until I am disconnected and then it is too late. I get so involved in the story or the poem I am reviewing, that I forget about anything else.

I have not been patient person lately. I am not sure of the reason. I used to be patient or I used to think I was patient, but my patience seems to be wearing thin or non-existent. I recently got back on my thyroid meds, I thought for a while that was the problem. However, I am back on my meds and I am still encountering the problem with patience.

Perhaps getting DSL or a cable modem would solve the problem. It would solve the problem of slow download and upload time. It would solve the disconnection problem, but I am not sure it would solve the patience problem. I think I am just going to have to work on my patience and find a way to be more patient with technology.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9