Saturday, June 07, 2008

Write Week 5 Day 7

Jalál (Glory), 3 Nur (Light), 165 B.E. – Saturday, June 7, 2008 about 4:25 PM PDT

Write week 5 Day 7 I have not posted since Day 2 (June 2). I have written in my pen and paper journal, but I have not posted anything to any of my blogs. I have on excuse. My writing has consisted of poems.

I came up with the idea for a list poem on Friday. It is a list love poem (that is the working title I wrote in my pen and paper journal). It is not a bitter love poem (I usually write bitter love poems). Here is what I have so far ...

List Love Poem

You are the pearl in oyster;
the chocolate in my coffee;
the grape jelly on my hot cakes;

(I want to write a poem that tells exactly how I feel about you.)

You are the gas in my Harley-Davidson;
the rhyme and meter in my poems;
you are the prayer in my chapel;
the gold in my mine;
the Wild Cherry in my Pepsi;
the French vanilla ice cream on my rhubarb pie;
you are the split pea in my soup;
the mushroom in my pasta sauce;
you are the bacon in my BLT;
the onion on my liver;
the laughter to my jokes;
the spots on my Dalmatian ...

Please note I have neither a Harley-Davidson nor a Dalmatian, all though if I had a choice I would take the Harley-Davidson. My only explanation for the food references in the poem is that I was hungry at the time. I really have to start eating more for breakfast then coffee.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9