Sunday, June 01, 2008

Write Week 5 Day 1

Jamál (Beauty), 16 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 165 B.E. – Sunday, June 1, 2008 about 9:33 AM PDT

This is the first day of the fifth write week. I did the first week back in February 2008, but have not participated since. I am participating this week and hope to continue the practice the rest of the year. However, I am going to take this one day at a time and attempt to write 5,000 words by June 7. For more information see thewriteweek.com.

To complete 5,000 words in 7 days I have to write about 714 words a day. I am going to start the piece here and the copy it to a word document. It is after 9:00 AM in Las Vegas and I still have to go to the store and get gas today, not necessarily in that order. I am not sure about the working title of the story yet. All I know right now is that I have to start something today.

*********

"There just isn't enough time," Lora said tossing the file on her desk and walking to the small fridge against the west wall.

"Not enough time for what, Lora," said Case watching his sister remove a soda from the fridge and walking back to her desk.

"To complete the Baker assignment," she opened the soda and sit down. "Mrs. Baker wants everything on her desk Friday morning. Her daughter and son-in-law won't be back from their honeymoon until late Thursday or early Friday."

"Go to wherever they're honeymooning and talk to them., Sis."

"I would love to, Case, but no one knows where they went."

"What do you mean, didn't they go to Paris?"

"That was the original plan, but Mrs. Baker's daughter sent an e-mail to her and the rest of the board members saying they changed their minds. However, she never said where they were going."

"Didn't they take a commercial flight?"

"No," Lora frowned as she leafed through the file, "they took one of the corporate jets to Orlando and then left it with the pilot there. He had no idea where they were going."

"Sounds to me like they didn't want anyone to find them."

"That sounds logical, especially after some of the stuff I found at their apartments."

"What'd you find, Sis?"

"The boxes I brought back are in the vault, Case. Go in, check them out and let me know what you think."

*********

Maybe I will call it a Matter of Time, that would make a good working title.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9