Monday, June 02, 2008

Write Week 5 Day 2

Kamál (Perfection), 17 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 165 B.E. – Monday, June 2, 2008 about 5:24 PM PDT


It is write week 5 day 2 and I am so tired I cannot think. Maybe if I write some notes about the story it will help. I could ask some questions as well. I do not think asking questions is going to help me because the problem is lack of concentration and memory.

I do not remember what I intended with the story. It could be lack of planning as well. I approached this story without a plan and that was a mistake. It is a short story and that takes a little planning. All right then let me start at the beginning and work from there.

What type of story am I writing? The story's beginning suggests it is a mystery. The problem is I normally do not write mysteries. I write science fiction or fantasy. It could be a mystery within a science fiction story. You see what I am getting at, a writer has to start with a plan. A writer has to know what type of story he or she is writing.

Before even beginning a story six questions have to be answered. A writer needs to answer (1) Who, (2) What, (3) When, (4) Where, (5) Why, and (6) How. If I do not answer those questions there is no story and the writer gets nowhere fast. Therefore, starting at the beginning, which I should have did before the first week in June; I need to answer those six questions. I do not have to begin with the "Who" question, I can start with any one of the six, but I do have to answer them before I can get any where with this story.

Apparently, Write Week 5 for me is going through the planning stages of a story instead of writing the story. I do not think that was the original intention of Write Week. The intention was to write a complete story in 5,000 words. To do this one needs to plan the story before the first of the month. Oh well, sometimes doing a project in a different order gets the adrenalin flowing.

Have a Happy Write Week.

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9