Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday Writing - the Triquatrain

Fidál (Grace), 14 Jalal (Glory), 165 B.E. – Tuesday, April 22, 2008 about 5:23 PM PDT

This weeks poetry form is the Triquatrain, which Robert L. Huntsman created. This form consists of a quatrain with a specific rhyme pattern. The first and third lines of each stanza have internal rhymes while the second and fourth lines have end rhymes. There is no specific meter or length to the Triquatrain.


Rhyme Pattern

Line 1: a, a
Line 2: b
Line 3: c, c
Line 4: b

For more information on this form see My Heart is Bleeding for You by Jermie6363 or ShadowPoetry.com Triquatrain.

I am not sure about the length of the poem I am going to write. The subject I am working on is weather phonomena such as lightning or rainbows. Both of these events bring back memories of Oklahoma and my childhood. It is amazing what a person remembers and misses about his or her childhood home. One thing I miss about Oklahoma is the lightning and the thunderstorms.

I know the length will be at least three stanzas, but I am considering a longer poem. It seems the older I get the more I miss the Oklahoma of my childhood. If I can get something in the poem about my grandparents, I will. However, I am focusing on the memory of the lightning and the rainbows after the thunderstorms were over. I do remember we had a dog that was afraid of the thunder. She would hid or let my sister cuddle her whenever a thunderstorm occurred. I think my sister or one of my brothers was afraid of the lightning or the thunder, I am going to have to ask my mother about that.

A crisp clear lightning strike lights up the night.

That is as far as I have gotten on this poem. I have to have it completed by April 27.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9