Monday, October 22, 2007

A Windy Solar Day

8 'Ilm 164 B.E. - Monday, October 22, 2007 about 9:57 PM PDT

This morning I went onto the patio and found everything in scattered. It's a good thing my patio is enclosed because otherwise the stuff would be scattered across my backyard and the neighbors' yards. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a windy day now and then, but we've gotten some "Reno Zephyrs" lately. Although since this is Las Vegas maybe I should call them Las Vegas Zephyrs (sorry Mr. Twain).

Reno Zephyrs

Mark Twain described "Reno Zephyrs" in one of his book. They aren't quite the Santa Anna's, but they're close. We get them here in Las Vegas this time of year. They are a poet's dream muse because one can use them to describe anything from a torrid love affair to wild party.

A Windy Solar Day

Nice title isn't it. I think it will make a great title for either a poem or a piece of flash fiction. I haven't decided which yet. Sometimes I get the title to a piece before anything else. Sometimes I find a character and then look for a story. Sometimes the plot and a plot point generates a story. This title looks like either a science fiction piece or a spiritual piece.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9