Sunday, October 21, 2007

Technical Difficulties

6 'Ilm 164 B.E. - Sunday, October 21, 2007 about 11:00 AM PDT

Don't you just love the phrases Technical Difficulties, The Network is Down or The Network is Slow. I've experienced all three within since Thursday evening. First, my network consist of one computer connected to the Internet over a telephone line. This encourages slow downloads, but I've learned to live with this problem. Second, my mouse died last week, which probably contributed to my network being down Thursday and Friday.

The Network Is Down

Thursday night my keyboard went out. The message I got said something like "Striker.exe is experiences technical difficulties" (probably not the exact error message, but close enough). Rebooted the computer and found that I was locked out because the keyboard wouldn't work and I couldn't type in my password. I decided my keyboard needed cleaning so I took the keys off and cleaned out under them. My keyboard did need cleaning, but that wasn't my problem.

I put the keyboard back together and still couldn't get into the system. I took Mom to the doctor and left things as they were. Got back home from the doctor, eat and left to celebrate the Birth of the Bab. Saturday morning the thought occurred to me that maybe the dead mouse (which was still connected to the computer) was the problem. I unplugged the mouse and was able to type in my password.

Technical Difficulties

The technical difficulties with the computer concerns the keyboard. When I was putting the keys back on I put four on upside down, I'll fix that when I get back to the house this afternoon. I have a meeting at the Baha'i Center at 2:00 PM. I'm coming home from that and not going anyplace else this evening. I have writing assignments to catch up on because of the network being down for about two days.

Another technical difficulty concerns my garbage disposal. There is something caught in it and I can't use the dishwasher. Actually, I'm afraid to use the dishwasher because it backs up if the garbage disposal doesn't work properly. So I'm stuck doing dishes the old fashion way until I get the disposal fixed.

The third technical difficulty has to do with my attitude lately. I think I've been a bit depressed over a number of different things. I'm coming out of the darkness now, but as a results I have writing assignments to catch up and rewrites to work on. When I'm in a dark mood I have difficulty writing or for that matter doing anything else.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9