Friday, October 12, 2007

Lost Days

16 Mashiyyat 164 B.E. - Friday, October 12, 2007 about 6:57 AM PDT

It's been a couple of days since I made an entry and I feel like those days were lost. Not that I didn't get anything accomplished. I achieve a lot, but just not anything written except a couple of poems and gratitude journal entries. I think the blog entries are now my warming up writing exercises. If I don't make an entry I can't seem to write much else. I think the blogging works for my muse like coffee works for my body and prayers work for my soul. A blog entry wakes up my muse and gets her going in the morning or any other time of day.

I just looked out my living room window and saw the morning sun reflecting off the olive and the stone pine trees. This time of year the first rays of dawn transform the leaves of the olive tree and bark of the pine tree to gold. It's a beautiful sight to wake up to. Perhaps that's why I turn off the alarm of a morning and sit on the couch to doze for a while. The view out of my bedroom window isn't as spectacular; it's just the sky and a few oleander limbs.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9