Monday, October 08, 2007

Good News Served Daily

13 Mashiyyat 164 B.E. - Monday, October 8, 2007 about 6:50 PM PDT

I got tired of hearing bad news all the time. The T.V., newspaper, radio, etc. all blasting with bad news, it's enough to depress anyone and make them sceptical of humanity's future. Therefore, I decided to do something about it. No I didn't stop looking at the T.V. news, if I did that I wouldn't be able to see my favorite weather man. Instead I subscribed to an e-mail news letter that delivers good new to my mail box every day.

A writer needs something other then bad news to keep the muse happy. My muse can work with bad news, but she also likes to hear good news once in a while. The newsletter is called Gimundo. Today's subject line was very intriguing. The good new headline for Columbus Day 2007 is Come On, Get Happy! The main article was about a woman who did a Happiness Project for an entire year. Other features in today's news letter were More Thoughts on Happiness, Dog Discovers Mammoth Bone, and Walk the... Goat? For more information on this wonderful little newsletter click on the title of this blog and you will be redirected to it.

I've even came up with the title and beginning of a poem.

A Year of Happiness

In a year of happiness
life changes from the dreary
daily grind of survival
into living blossoms and fruit.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9