Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Midweek Reflection: Writing and Procrastination

I think I will have to dedicate one afternoon to cleaning out my desk drawers. I have managed to get one drawer completely cleaned out. I found numerous beginning of poems and other writing scraps, which I put back in the drawer. After that I got  sidetracked writing and doing some portfolio house cleaning. I am not sure why I decided that rearranging my writing.com portfolio takes priority over cleaning out the desk drawers. Perhaps it is just another manifestation of my tendency to look like I am accomplishing something when I am really procrastinating. 

True, I need to rearrange the portfolio. I also need to clean out the drawer of my desk. One of my problems is that I become so focused on doing one thing that I let the other slip. Cleaning out the desk drawers is not the only thing I let slip. I let posting to this blog slip as well. I am going to post this and then see what I can accomplish either in finishing the portfolio housekeeping or cleaning out the desk drawers. 

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9