Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Midweek Reflection on Writing Poetry and Barking Dogs

It's National Poetry Month, so far I have managed to write at least one poem a day. I have not read the poetry books I planned and I do not think I will get them read this month; all though I could be wrong about that. Since this is the first full week of April I am not sure what the rest of the month will hold.


Poetry writing
the neighbor's dog is barking
interrupts contemplation

I suppose I should complain, but I am not sure what good it would do. The dog does not bark all the time. This morning I think someone was knocking at their door, which cause the dog to bark. I hope the dog woke the family up, as it did with everyone in the neighborhood except me. I woke up early today, took all my morning meds, brewed a carafe of hot coffee, and started to review or write. My day got off to a good start before the dog started barking.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9