Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Midweek Writer's Reflections on Writing with Acid Reflex

For the past few weeks I've deal with acid reflex and the dry heaves. This started after I had the umbilical hernia repair in February. I know the problem has something to do with the healing process or maybe it's just the after effect of the operation and having a tubes stuck down my nose and throat. Anyway it isn't a pleasant experience. The weird thing is that the acid reflex and dry heaves hit me when I sit down to write, which interfered with the writing. I did manage to get a few thing written, but not as much as I wanted to.

On Monday, March 14, I went for another followup with my regular doctor. I told her about the acid reflex, so she prescribed the generic oneprazole dr. I picked up the prescription on Tuesday, took one capsule (I take one capsule each day) and that capsule worked wonders. I can now write without having to stop to deal with acid reflex. I hope this problem clears itself up eventually, but in the mean time I will take the meds as directed by my doctor.

My next writing goal is to figure out how to use this experience in a short story or poem. I think every aspect of a writer's life experience can and should be used in her writing. In the meantime, I plan to attempt an entry to this blog every-other-day.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9