Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday Writing Speculations on the Second Sunday of January 2016

I survived 2015, so does that make me a year wiser or just lucky. For me, 2015 was an interesting and, somewhat, stressful year. It was not as stressful as 2012, 2013, or 2014, but there was little bit of stress because in 2015 I moved from a studio apartment to a two bedroom apartment. Also, in 2015 a friend of mine moved into the apartment with me so now I do not have to worry about housekeeping.

I know that 2016 will be interesting if for no other reason then it is a national election year. Elections years are always interesting, stressful, and, for me, creative. For some reason my muse finds national election amusing which I suspect is a good response to all the election rhetoric. At least, finding the process and political ads humorous helps cut down on the stress that always accompanies a leap year election.

I do not know who I am going to vote for because I am register nonpartisan. That means I am unaffiliated with any party and am considered an independent. I like being unaffiliated with any party because it lets me look at all the candidates from both parities in a relatively unbiased manner. All though, in this election, some of the candidates are making it damn hard for me to keep an unbiased opinion. Once the parties have decided on who is running in the general election then I will decide who I am voting for. I will not state that in t his blog because I do not think that is my own business.


Election year rhetoric
sometimes makes me laugh and cry
both at the same time.

That is my first election year poem. I will be writing a longer poem on this subject sometime in the next few weeks. I want to finish it before the primary election in Nevada. I am not sure of the date of that election today because it really does not matter to me when that election is help. I am more interested in the general election in November.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9