Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Midweek Writing Reflections: I Write When I Cannot Sleep

Half way through the week
and I can't sleep
past 2:00 AM.

I woke up at 1:15 AM because I heard something hit something outside and it made a loud booming noise. I got up, wandered through the house for a few minutes and then went back to bed. I laid there for about ten or fifteen minutes, but could not go back to sleep. I got up, turned on the computer and began to write. After making an entry in my writing.com blog, I took my morning thyroid tablet and then did some reviews.

When my alarm sounded, at 4:00 AM, I turned the coffee maker on. While the coffee was brewing I went back to the computer and finished reviewing the Editors Picks in this weeks spiritual newsletter. I just poured myself a cup of coffee so that I could make this entry. I guess I really do not need coffee to write because I write a good response to this morning's blog prompt, but coffee tastes so good while I'm writing. Taking a sip of coffee between sentences or paragraphs helps me think about what I want to say next.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9