Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Wednesday's Word: Gratitude

It is that time of week again. The writing.com newsletters arrived in my inbox sometime this morning. As usual, I read the spiritual newsletter first. This week's theme is gratitude. Some of the questions ask by this week's editor got me to thinking about gratitude and the way I express it.


What does it mean to live in gratitude?
How do you live in gratitude?
How do you practice gratitude?

I am not sure what it means to live in gratitude because I suspect the answer to that question will be revealed only at death, after my soul separates from my physical body.

How do I express my gratitude? Yesterday, I went to the podiatrist to have my toenails cut. I thanked the doctor after he finished and then I went to the receptionist desk to make my co-pay. I ask my regular doctor for a referral because I suffer from osteoarthritis and lower back pain. These two issues make it difficult and sometimes impossible for me to cut my own toenails. I decided that the best way to deal with the issue was to go to a podiatrist.

Another way I show gratitude is to make a daily gratitude list. On this list I attempt to put ten things I am grateful for in my life. True some of the items are repeated everyday, such as my thanks for fresh brewed coffee. That is all right because it enhances the other things I put on the lists. It is nice to know that I have some of the same things to be grateful for everyday.



Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9